The Women in Agriculture National Learning Network (WIA LN) provides resources, education and networking opportunities to help women farmers and ranchers across the US meet their business and quality of life goals. Their current focus is on supporting agricultural educators and service providers who work with beginning farm and ranch women.
Women involved in agriculture are a fast growing population with a unique set of farm safety and health needs. It’s important to consider PPE, ergonomic practices, nutrition and other gender-based health needs that are specific to the female body. Take charge of your health with a few of these resources!
The AgriSafe Network is a leader understanding the health needs of women in agriculture. Check out their resources featured below or go to their website to watch webinars, read articles, and find more resources created just for women in agriculture!
Click for the Women's Ag Health Risk Assessment Tool
- Reducing the Risk of Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes and Perinatal Illness for Female Agricultural Producers – AgriSafe
- Ergonomic Safety and Health for Farm Women – AgriSafe
- Cultivating Resiliency for Women in Ag – UMASH
USDA Women in Ag
The 2012 Census of Agriculture notes that nearly 1 million women are working America’s lands. That is nearly a third of our nation’s farmers. Together, these women are generating $12.9 billion in annual agricultural sales. The USDA is committed to supporting diversity and inclusion in the agriculture—and that includes building opportunities for women to grow, learn from one another, and lead within their industries.
Pony Tail Ag Campaign Facebook
The Pony Tail Ag Campaign shares the stories of women involved in North Carolina agriculture. From the farm to the lab, from government to schools, women are changing the face of agriculture. Join the campaign as it embarks on a tour, interviewing some awesome ladies. Check out a few of our favorite stories about women involved in NC Agromedicine.
Women in Ag Learning Network
Other Resources for Women in Ag
- American Agri-Women, a national coalition of farm, ranch, and agri-business women’s organizations.
- Rural Women’s Studies Association, an international association for the advancement and promotion of farm and rural women’s gender studies.
- The Women’s Agricultural Network (WAgN) is a collaborative effort of the University of Vermont Extension System, the Women’s Small Business Program, UVM’s Center for Sustainable Agriculture, and the United States Department of Agriculture
- National Women in Agriculture Association, the largest agricultural organization for women in the world, providing equality and sustainable opportunities for women farmers and at-risk youth.
- WomeninAgriculture.org Risk management resources for women who farm.
- Women, Food and Agriculture Network Linking and amplifying women’s voices on issues of food systems, sustainable communities, and environmental integrity.